A bite sized snack ball with no added sugar...totally raw too! Written instructions further down, video right here:
100 grams zucchini or yellow squash
100 grams dates, pitted
100 grams walnuts
1 tsp vanilla essence (for fully raw, scrape 1 vanilla bean)
3 Tbs cocoa powder (for fully raw, use cacao nibs and grind them up)
3 Tbs chia seed
100 grams grated coconut
1. Grate the zucchini and set aside. Put dates in a bowl and cover with warm water. Allow both to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Put the walnuts in a blender and blitz until you have a fine meal. Scrape into a mixing bowl.
3. Measure 3 tablespoons each of chia seeds and cocoa powder into the mixing bowl.
4. Wrap the zucchini in a cloth and squeeze out as much water as you can. Drain the dates. Put in a blender with vanilla essence and mix until you have a reasonably smooth paste.
5. Add to mixing bowl and stir thoroughly. Allow to sit 30 minutes.
6. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into ballsl, then roll in grated coconut.
Cooking Times: 0 minutes, it's raw :-)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 40 minutes
We blog about once a month on vegan and food topics in and around Hobart.